Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM 9i DBConsole on TRU64 Unix server (OEM DB Console, 9i, TRU64 Unix)
icon5.gif  OEM 9i DBConsole on TRU64 Unix server [message #314246] Wed, 16 April 2008 02:52
khaja_noor

Hi,

I have Oracle 9i DB on HP TRU64 Unix servers, DB setup was done by some group earlier whice left, I see lot of discrepancy in configurations.

2 server are clustered without Oracle RAC, Full export Backup is taken daily along with hot backup scheduled daily.

1) How can I re-schedule the backups from full to incremental in Unix (I am Windows DBA), without distrubing the jobs scheduler.

2) I want to install OEM DB Console so that I can perform my duties making OS transparent. But when I try to install using DBCA, I dont see the option to add SYSMAN schema, therefore I ended without making any changes to the instances.

On another server which do not have RAC DB, when I try to re-configure using DBCA, I get 2 options A) to create\manage RAC DB, B) to manages individual instance, here again the option to re-configure or manage existing instance is disabled. I can only create or delete instances. How is this happening in UNIX, I never had this problem in Windows.

What is manual way to perform this task, or best solution to this situation.

Appreciate replies.

Thanks,
KN
Previous Topic: Unable to start OEM
Next Topic: Running EMCA Fails To Accept the DBSNMP Password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:40:53 CDT 2024