Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Adding New Targets to Grid Control (OEM 10g Release 4)
Adding New Targets to Grid Control [message #345197] Tue, 02 September 2008 10:22
vjy143
I have redhat Linux 4 and Grid control OEM 10g Release 4 installed and I am able to see the default agents, i.e. the Oracle app server, EM website, and the repository.

Now, I am trying to configure a new App server (JBoss 4.0.2). JBoss is installed in the same machine. How do I configure this?

When I installed OEM, I have a folder agent10g in the OracleHomes, where oms10g and db10g were installed and I am assuming this agent is for monitoring the default agents which I talked about above.

Now, since the JBoss is in the same machine, do I need to install a new Management Service & a new Management agent, if I need to install them, do I need to choose a different folder than the agent10g folder.

What are the other things to consider? I did read the documents, but could not get this done.

I am trying to add JBoss using the Targets->ApplicationServers link. When I try to add, it asks for

JBoss Application Server Host: I give "localhost"
JBoss Home: I give the JBoss installation folder

Then I dont enter any values and click next.
In the 2nd page, I give the OS username and pwd.

When I click next, I get "More than one Enterprise Manager Agent was found for host.localhost" error.

When I give the value "localhost:8080", I get "No Enterprise Manager Agent was found for host.localhost:8080".

I have this JBoss running in the same machine as the agents and I am able to access the JBoss webpage by using http://localhost:8080.

Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: expired (locked) for sysman user
Next Topic: Create DataBase in oracle 10g XE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:50:52 CDT 2024