Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » generate lowercase filenames by using spool command in an UNIX file system
generate lowercase filenames by using spool command in an UNIX file system [message #372770] Thu, 08 March 2001 04:25 Go to next message
Uwe Kraft
Is there a possibility to generate exactly the filename (e.g. file.lis, FiLe.LiS, ...) specified with SQL*Plus SPOOL command in an UNIX file system?
My current environment "uppercases" the filenames, that means even if I specified
SQL> spool g:\directory...\lower.lis (where g: is an network connect to an UNIX file system)
the file generated named LOWER.LIS!
Re: generate lowercase filenames by using spool command in an UNIX file system [message #372774 is a reply to message #372770] Thu, 08 March 2001 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew again...
it could be your Unix settings. Try spooling with quotes??

g:\directory...\"lower.lis"
Re: generate lowercase filenames by using spool command in an UNIX file system [message #372850 is a reply to message #372770] Wed, 14 March 2001 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uwe Kraft
hi andrew,
thanks for reply, but ... it doesn't work in my environment. So my question is still open!
I've tried it
a) with single quotes
b) with double quotes
c) by typing "spool ..." at the SQL prompt
d) by defining a spool file via SQL's pull down (file ... spool ... spool file ...)
Re: generate lowercase filenames by using spool command in an UNIX file system [message #372859 is a reply to message #372770] Wed, 14 March 2001 12:45 Go to previous message
Andrew again...
Determine if it's a property of your Unix network drive. I assume you are spooling from Windows. Just spool to your default directory and see if it's OK. Then Telnet into Unix and try the same thing.
Previous Topic: how to create database objects & differebce between database
Next Topic: varchar2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 01:49:11 CDT 2024