Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » User Defined Metrics (Oracle R2, 10.2.3, Windows 2003 SP2)
User Defined Metrics [message #449761] Wed, 31 March 2010 13:38 Go to next message
jreece
I am trying to configure a message to contact me via phone when my databases goes down? I can get the email notification but not the phone notification? Any ideas how I can get this to work?
Many thanks
JuneM
Re: User Defined Metrics [message #449762 is a reply to message #449761] Wed, 31 March 2010 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> Any ideas how I can get this to work?
Some/many/most cell phone carriers provide Web interface to send messages; if yours does then use UTL_HTTP; otherwise you need specialized phone line interface card.
Re: User Defined Metrics [message #449764 is a reply to message #449762] Wed, 31 March 2010 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jreece
I am not using a cell phone to activate the notification. It is app called Attention which is configure to contact you via lan line etc. I used this app sucessfully in OEM 9I.

When the database and/or listener is goes down the notification is triggered by a OS command batch job to call the specified phone number using the attention app.
View User-Defined Metric: Database Down: Spip on Spain
Definition
Metric Name Database Down: Spip on Spain
Metric Type STRING
SQL Query Output Two Columns
SQL Query select instance_name,database_status from V$INSTANCE where HOST_NAME='SPAIN';
Database Credentials
User Name <username>
Password ******
Thresholds
Comparison Operator =
Warning
Critical
Warning Thresholds by Key
Critical Thresholds by Key
Consecutive Occurrences Preceding Notification 1
Response Action E:\scl\Com\OEM_FIXIT_JOBS\SPIP_attention.cmd
Alert Message Database Down: key = %SPIP%, value = %DOWN%
Schedule
Collection Schedule Enabled
Start Immediately after creation
Repeat every 15 Minute(s)

This is the content of the OS batch job
"SPIP_attention.cmd "
attn.exe -a oracle_call_for_help "Check the status of the oracle Server SPAIN (SPIP)". Listener or database is down, check alert logs and contact oracle database support.

This batch job works idependently however it doesn't work when incorporated into OEM.

Thanks

Re: User Defined Metrics [message #449766 is a reply to message #449764] Wed, 31 March 2010 14:14 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>It is app called Attention which is configure to contact you via lan line etc.

By default Oracle RDBMS does not know phone line exists let alone how to "dial" a phone number.

I suggest you contact s/w vendor's Help Desk.
I doubt anyone here can solve this desire for you.
Previous Topic: DBCA does not recognize database !
Next Topic: EMCTL doesnt start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:25 CDT 2024