Home » Other » Training & Certification » Need help answering an Oracle related exam question
Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472945] Tue, 24 August 2010 21:17 Go to next message
Heat84
Within Oracle, a virtual database table that uses columns from one or more existing tables to present data in a manner different than the existing tables is an example of which privilege set?

A) Table
B) Procedure
C) View
D) System

I initially assumed the answer was table, but after some Googling, learned that there are 2 types of privileges. System and Object. That leads me to believe the correct answer is System.

Thanks Smile
Re: Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472950 is a reply to message #472945] Tue, 24 August 2010 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heat84
A couple more:

1. True or False:
When using NT authentication with SQL server, you do not get the same level of account security that is provided by Oracle.

Based on dba-oracle.com/t_windows_external_user_authentication.htm, I think its true.

Not really a database question but its part of that section:

2. Consider an organization that has five SQL users:
- Bob(Company Owner)
- Mary (Manager of Sales)
- Jane (Sales)
- Joe (Sales)
- Ron (Purchasing)
Which of these users should be assigned the System Administration role?
A) Bob
B) Mary
C) Jane and Joe
D)Ron

I'll guess B, but the actual answer is none of the above unless they have a degree in Computer Science. Sales people wouldn't know how to administer a system. They might barely know how to use a computer.
Re: Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472963 is a reply to message #472945] Wed, 25 August 2010 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
virtual database table

This is NOT an Oracle notion. So the question is irrelevant.
(Maybe it means a VIEW)

Quote:
is an example of which privilege set?

The suggested answers are totally irrelevant to the question.

Regards
Michel

Re: Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472964 is a reply to message #472950] Wed, 25 August 2010 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
When using NT authentication with SQL server, you do not get the same level of account security that is provided by Oracle.

Account level security regarding what?
"that is provided by Oracle" for what?
This question is incomplete and clear as mud.

Quote:
Consider an organization that has five SQL users:

For which RDBMS? SqL Server or Oracle?
What is an SQL user? An account/login in SQL Server?

Note this is an Oracle forum.

Regards
Michel

Re: Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472967 is a reply to message #472945] Wed, 25 August 2010 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heat84
Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't write the questions.

They might make more sense though if I told you that the course that the exam is for is called "Auditing E-Commerce Systems and IT Infrastructure".

For the 3rd question it makes a difference if they were Oracle users? I thought it was a general database question and they used SQL as an example instead of Oracle.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2010 02:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help answering an Oracle related exam question [message #472969 is a reply to message #472967] Wed, 25 August 2010 02:39 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Don't shoot the messenger. I didn't write the questions.

I didn't I shoot the original writer.

Quote:
For the 3rd question it makes a difference if they were Oracle users?

Of course, different RDBMS, different authication mechanisms, different privileges, different roles. Oracle has no "System Administration", it has a DBA role which is maybe or not the same thing as the writer says. It depends on what "system" means here.
If "system" is RDBMS, NO user should have admin role.
If "system" is OS, of course, it is the same thing.
If "system" means "application" and "administration" means application account management, I guess B is the answer.

Once again, questions are not precise enough to be able to answer.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 25 August 2010 02:39]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ORACLE DBA JOB
Next Topic: need books
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:41 CDT 2024