Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Database objects
Database objects [message #50882] Fri, 12 April 2002 02:02 Go to next message
Ramachandran
I have a set of tables that are related to an application and i have some other different tables, both on the same db. I want to write some interaction programs so that a datatransfer happens between these set of tables. The easiest way for me would be do write stored procedures or views and invoke them from the client application, but what i want to know is there any database object that can do something like the stored procedure itself which can be simulated since other wise if i write something from the client to fetch the complete data from one set of tables into the other it would take a huge amount of time.. if there is such tools are there any disadvantages / advantages over stored procedures ? Can anyone help me out.. Thanks in advance
Re: Database objects [message #50905 is a reply to message #50882] Fri, 12 April 2002 18:33 Go to previous message
Wei Lang
I think stored procedure is fine. When you execute the stored procedure from client, it still run at server side, Oracle will not bring the data set from server to client then back to server. You can do anything you wnat in stored procedure by using "execute immediate "SQL statement";"

Wei
Previous Topic: Runtime Performance on tables loaded direct vs. conventional
Next Topic: Re: Here is my dump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:53:01 CDT 2024