Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle Data Unloader
Oracle Data Unloader [message #50893] Fri, 12 April 2002 07:49 Go to next message
David
Anyone know whether there is an equivalant of the Oracle data unloader available on the web? I have a customer which has completely f***ed there datbase. Its 8.1.6 and something happened during the resync of a raid 5 disk which lead to file corruption (don't ask me what cos I don't know).

We tried to go back to back-up only to find that the backup has been failing for months and no-one has paid attention. Backup was an export to disk which was full.... ho-hum.

I am trying to save someones job here. The guy has not got a clue about Oracle and so has been left in the lurch.

Anyway, I tried everything I know to get the database back including "open database resetlogs" using the _ignore_corrupted_resetlogs set in the init.ora. This gave me an Oracle 600 (oh yeah they haven't kept their support up to date so no joy there).

The only option I can now think of is to use something like the data unloader (I am not sure what its official title is but it is a C programme used by Oracle support which will extract data direct from the data files). Does anyone know if such is avaiable from the web as I have no chance of getting it from Oracle support.

Thanks to any who can help.

Dave
Re: Oracle Data Unloader [message #50942 is a reply to message #50893] Mon, 15 April 2002 20:33 Go to previous message
Sergio
Look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jdul/
Previous Topic: How Can i have 2 homes in Oracle
Next Topic: Re: What is the equivalent of MS Sqlserver' CLUSTERED INDEX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:56:47 CDT 2024