Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How Can i have 2 homes in Oracle
How Can i have 2 homes in Oracle [message #50906] Fri, 12 April 2002 20:03 Go to next message
Hemal Patel
I have installed Oracle 8.0 on Windows NT Server. Now i want to install Developer 2000 on the same machine. But when i try to install on the same machine, it overwrites the previous installed Oracle 8.0 & its home, even from the registry. Then I am unable to connect to Server.

Again if i install first D2K and then Oracle Server, it overwrites the D2K home and so i cannot accecss D2K.

Please guide me how can i maintain 2 Oracle homes.
Re: How Can i have 2 homes in Oracle [message #50907 is a reply to message #50906] Fri, 12 April 2002 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first install oracle
by default something like
c:oracleora81.......
then install D2k
while installing choose the path as
c:oracled2k........
or
c:d2k......
Re: How Can i have 2 homes in Oracle [message #50940 is a reply to message #50906] Mon, 15 April 2002 19:37 Go to previous message
Sergio
You should use another directory then installing different products. After installation you can use oracle home selector - it's standard Oracle utility.
But you will not be able to use the products togather at once.
In your case the better decision is to install database then don't exit oracle installer - push button "from" and point to D2Kinstallrinstallwinnt.prd (I can't remember the path exactly so the file can be in another directory).
Then you can choose products you want to install and install it in addition to oracle database in the same ORACLE_HOME.
Previous Topic: Datafile size limit
Next Topic: Oracle Data Unloader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:56:22 CDT 2024