Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 8.1.7 takes more memeory space in Hard disk,than it's actual directory sizellation
Oracle 8.1.7 takes more memeory space in Hard disk,than it's actual directory sizellation [message #50945] Mon, 15 April 2002 22:22 Go to next message
Invent
Hi Oracle Guru's

Please give solution to the following phenomenon.

I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 in a Hard disk size of 4GB. I chose the typical installation route and the installation went well. After the installation I checked up the disk size, it shows only 613MB free.
The Breakup is as follows:
1. Total Hard disk Partition size: 4 GB
2. Oracle Directory(file) size on Disk: 1.23GB
3. Page file(Virtual memory allocation) 0.5MB
---------
Remaining Disk Size expected 2.27GB

Instead of 2.27GB free, I am getting only 613 MB free. Why this? Is it a problem with Oracle 8.1.7 since my earlier installation with Oracle 8.1.5 did not have this problem? Could some one answer this phenomenon and sort out?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 takes more memeory space in Hard disk,than it's actual directory sizellation [message #50961 is a reply to message #50945] Tue, 16 April 2002 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike
Did you create any database? If yes did you include the space taken by your database files to get your 1.23GB?
Re: Oracle 8.1.7 takes more memeory space in Hard disk,than it's actual directory sizellation [message #50969 is a reply to message #50945] Tue, 16 April 2002 21:41 Go to previous message
Invent
Hi
Thanks for the response. I have not created any Database. I have selected typical installation and the Database installed was default one. The size 1.23Gb is including every files.
The OS is NT server V4 with SP 6.
There is no Temp space
I have Completely Checked up all the files in the directory.
I have installed twice in different partitions and had the same problem.
I have installed Oracle on Parttion G from Oracle dump on Partition F. Is the problem due to this?
Previous Topic: Calling Java code from PL/SQL
Next Topic: Login at Client end
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:54:10 CDT 2024