Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2
Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #50946] Mon, 15 April 2002 22:52 Go to next message
Eddy Pagotto
Hi,
during the installation, when I press the NEXT button in the "Database Identification" section, the installation doesn't continue. In the error log file oraInstall.err there's the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/ewt/scrolling/scrollBox/EwtLWScrollbar$Updater
at oracle.ewt.scrolling.scrollBox.EwtLWScrollbar.setValues(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWScrollbar.setMaximum(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent._configureAdjustable(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent._configureHAdjustable(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent.setCanvasSize(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTree.itemsAdded(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItems(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItem(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItem(Unknown Source)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.addGlobalInfos(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:566)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.populateTree(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:295)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.init(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:279)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwSummaryWCDE.setDialogProperties(OiifwSummaryWCDE.java:164)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbWizChainDlgElem.doOperation(OiifbWizChainDlgElem.java:474)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate(OiifbLinearIterator.java:116)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$OiicSelCompsInstall.doOperation(OiicInstallSession.java:689)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:140)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:511)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:111)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate(OiifbLinearIterator.java:116)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:307)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:468)

But under /tmp/ORACLE/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/1.7.1.8.0./1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib there's the ewt.jar file! And it contains all the needed classes!
Can you help me?
Thanks,

Eddy
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #50955 is a reply to message #50946] Tue, 16 April 2002 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Use an xwindow emulator or the console.
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #50975 is a reply to message #50946] Wed, 17 April 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddy Pagotto
What do you mean?
I open a console window in KDE or Gnome when I run the installer.

Eddy
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #50979 is a reply to message #50946] Wed, 17 April 2002 08:56 Go to previous message
Grant
Sorry I read your message too fast. Try unsetting LANG and run the installer again. If you have access to MetaLink you might search there.
Previous Topic: How to startup Oracle 8.1.7 manually on Win2000ServerSP2
Next Topic: Create a new user 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:54:47 CDT 2024