Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Need to break the Export into small files
Need to break the Export into small files [message #51000] Fri, 19 April 2002 00:03 Go to next message
Sunee
Need to break the Export into small files, I dont want to compress the dump while exporting, infact i can compress after i finish the export.

can i run parallel export on list of tables, with nohup, if i use nohup how can i track for any failure of export.
Re: Need to break the Export into small files [message #51005 is a reply to message #51000] Fri, 19 April 2002 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cindy
Try this:

This example is a full database export.

exp login/password full=y inctype=complete direct=Y compress=N file=file_name1.dmp,file_name2.dmp,file_name3.dmp filesize=2047M log=file.log

Then use the Unix command "compress" to compress the files.
Re: Need to break the Export into small files [message #51020 is a reply to message #51005] Sun, 21 April 2002 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunee
I think u can't specify the multiple files in files parameters.
Re: Need to break the Export into small files [message #51026 is a reply to message #51020] Sun, 21 April 2002 18:25 Go to previous message
Cindy
I have tried the following codes and it works for me. Since, by default compress=Y, I usually do not include it with the statement as you can see below.

exp login/password full=y inctype=complete direct=Y file=file_name1.dmp,file_name2.dmp,file_name3.dmp filesize=2047M log=file.log

However, I have not try the statement when compress=N as included with it. Currently, I do not see the reason why it would not work if I do included compress=N with the statement. I can not try it out now, but (I believe) it should work.

exp login/password full=y inctype=complete direct=Y compress=N file=file_name1.dmp,file_name2.dmp,file_name3.dmp filesize=2047M log=file.log

BTW, the above file size parameter is set to 2047M which is approximately 2G. I have used this solution as one of my alternative solution to get around the 2G file size limitation on the Unix system. Therefore you can adjust your file size number with the filesize parameter as your need to. Here is a little summary of how it works. The system will start by writing data into file1, once it reachs the file size number specified on the filesize parameter, it will continue writing data into file2 until file size number reached again, and so on and on.....
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Personal Edition 8i startup password problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:58:38 CDT 2024