Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » How to access two database with same name using OEM (OEM 11g)
How to access two database with same name using OEM [message #551755] Fri, 20 April 2012 07:56 Go to next message
daverich
Hi,

Can anyone here please help answer my question.
My question is:

I have two differenct databases with nsame name.
Database 1 named DBX is on server SERVERX used for dev
Database 2 named DBX is on server SERVERY used for test

I want to install OEM Agent on both server and access from one single OEM 11g Grid control.

What I find is that, the OEM seems to get confused when I try to login to the A database from OEM.

How should I configure OEM or Agent so that OEM can be used to login to both DBs?

Regards

Re: How to access two database with same name using OEM [message #551771 is a reply to message #551755] Fri, 20 April 2012 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I would delete the databases from Grid Control, and re-register them with the command line interface. That way you have full control, and can choose any name you like for the target, which is better than having Grid Control trying to guess. Here's an example (you'll have top remove the line breaks):
emcli add_target -name="cli"
-type="oracle_database" 
-host="jwdell.bplc.co.za" 
-credentials="UserName:dbsnmp;password:dbsnmp;Role:Normal"
-properties="SID:orcl;Port:1521;OracleHome:\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1;MachineName:jwdell"
Re: How to access two database with same name using OEM [message #551784 is a reply to message #551755] Fri, 20 April 2012 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LKBrwn_DBA
1) Delete databases from Grid control (as John Watson suggests) or better, remove the "Host".

2) Go to Targets -> Databases and click on "Add".

This will open a window where you enter the host name (server) and Grid Control will automatically add all targets from that server.
For databases it will assign a name like {db name}.{server name or domain name} or use the db_unique_name.
From the list of targets, you can choose which ones to add.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 April 2012 10:12] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to access two database with same name using OEM [message #551785 is a reply to message #551784] Fri, 20 April 2012 10:04 Go to previous message
daverich
Thanks to you both. I'll try this solution.
Previous Topic: Invalid username and/or password Cluster Credentials Startup OEM
Next Topic: Grid control 11g installation fails on repository configuration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:57:30 CDT 2024