Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Reducing RAM usage with 9i....
Reducing RAM usage with 9i.... [message #51127] Tue, 30 April 2002 20:09 Go to next message
BFlat
I am running 9i Enterprise with the standard installation. The data dumps imported were only about 15 mb. This is running on win2k pro, with 512mb of ram.
Task manager shows that "oracle.exe" uses 302mb at bootup, and falls to about 277mb within 5 minutes and stays stable. This is with no queries or Oracle guis run.

300mb sounds very high. The first thing I did was log in as dba in enterprise manager, went to the configuration for the db instance and went to the memory tab. I reduced the number of max concurrent users to 30 from the defualt 700.

Is this the right way to lower the ram overhead? What other settings should I be changing? For now, I am not expecting more then 15 people to be connecting at the same time, and even that is more then expected.

Appreciate all the help in advance
Re: Reducing RAM usage with 9i.... [message #51128 is a reply to message #51127] Tue, 30 April 2002 22:16 Go to previous message
BFlat
well, even that is tough. wont let me apply the change through the gui. database shuts down, but on restart says cant do it while connected to dispatcher, so i cant even make that change to test.

i dont want to mess with init.ora until i get some feedback. thanks.
Previous Topic: Re: 100% ocp pass assured
Next Topic: Re: free ocp papers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:32:30 CDT 2024