Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » UTL_FILE_DIR problem
UTL_FILE_DIR problem [message #51147] Fri, 03 May 2002 03:15 Go to next message
Srividya
Hi,
We are working in oracle 9i on HP-Unix machine. We have a requirement of writing a log file to the server. We are using UTL_FILE package.
We have set utl_file_dir=/home/atg/dgt/core/contentimport/data/us/en/alliance/logs in the init.ora file.
after this we have shutdown and restarted oracle.But when we gave show parameter the value is not shown for the utl_file_dir paramter.What would be the reason.

It would be grateful if you give some solution

Thanx & Rgds
vidya
Re: UTL_FILE_DIR problem [message #51149 is a reply to message #51147] Fri, 03 May 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Vidya,
I am sure, u did not add the UTL_FILE_DIR parameter in the exact init.ora file, I mean which is mapped with your database..or else u may not saved it properly..

Otherwise , no Errors reported in the oracle documentation till now about the kinda problem you are talking about...

Check it out..
Vaasu
Re: UTL_FILE_DIR problem [message #51182 is a reply to message #51147] Mon, 06 May 2002 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
Verify the directory exists and is r/w by all. Make sure you are editing the right file.

chmod 777 /home/atg/dgt/core/contentimport/data/us/en/alliance/logs
find / -name initSID.ora

The one being used is in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs if you do not specify it with the pfile parameter at startup.
Re: UTL_FILE_DIR problem [message #51241 is a reply to message #51149] Wed, 08 May 2002 10:10 Go to previous message
Mark
I believe that there is a limit as to the number of characters you can use to specify your utl_file_dir location. Try shortening it. You may have to create a link with a short name.
Previous Topic: Re: Partioned Tables
Next Topic: ORA-07445: ... : core dump
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:48:32 CDT 2024