Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Re: is it reasonable to run two databases in parallel?
Re: is it reasonable to run two databases in parallel? [message #52106] Tue, 02 July 2002 12:44 Go to next message
andrew again
Many machines I work on have multiple instances or different versions and I've nere had a problem.
Remember that each instance will have it's own SGA and those can consume most of your memory. Also you obviously need more disk space. Additionally of course you need to manage both and performance issues won't be clear cut as you have two hogs on the machine. I think that getting new hardware is like an arms race - often the hardware is big enough already - you just need to spend some time getting the most out of the machine.
Re: is it reasonable to run two databases in parallel? [message #52112 is a reply to message #52106] Wed, 03 July 2002 00:14 Go to previous message
B
In fact the correct answer is Depending on your hardware and your application. You can run 2 instances in parallel ( even if it's not the same version ). Do you really need a second machine ??? Depending on your goals.....
Previous Topic: Re: catalog.sql ,catproc.sql
Next Topic: Problem in starting Oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 01:19:20 CDT 2024