Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login
Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196292] Wed, 04 October 2006 19:52 Go to next message
rahul122
Hello Guys,
I need link of blog or site that is offering free logins for Oracle applications. This will be helpful for many users too who are also in need of the same.
Any help in this regard is grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul.
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196306 is a reply to message #196292] Wed, 04 October 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vin_odks
Hi,

visit http://solutionbeacon.com

Regards
Vinod
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196362 is a reply to message #196292] Thu, 05 October 2006 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogesh R

Hi!

The site for free login (practice) to Oracle Apps is www.solutionbeacon.com

Regards,

Yogesh

Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196464 is a reply to message #196292] Thu, 05 October 2006 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
Yes, you can try http://www.solutionbeacon.com/tools_vision.htm but do pay attention to their message:
There are no explicit or implied guarantees with regards to availability, performance or data retention.

In other words, you could spend all day setting up an instance and come back tomorrow and find that:
Arrow the system is not available or
Arrow the system is so slow that it is unusable or
Arrow your setup data has all gone
and you have no comeback, and there are no backups.

I am not saying you shouldn't try SolutionBeacon.
I am saying that you shouldn't expect the same service as you get from an in-house system when you are getting it free.

I would use it to try something out and walk away from it, e.g. a proof of concept.
I would not try to run my business on it.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196532 is a reply to message #196292] Thu, 05 October 2006 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahul122
Thanks alot to Vinod, Yogesh and David.
David I was looking for a site so that I can practice. I think SolutionBeacon will be it. Only thing I will not be having is access to database. But I think that is the price I am going to pay.

But, is it possible for me to install only selected modules?
I am working in Financials.
My hard disk has 60 GB free space on Windows XP.

Thanks,

Regards,
Rahul.
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196602 is a reply to message #196532] Fri, 06 October 2006 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogesh R

Hi Rahul,

You can easily work on Solutionbeacon. Till date I have not faced any problems and also the support given is excellent. There is no need for such a big space as the software is not downloaded on your p.c. You will be getting access rights to the solutionbeacon server (Instance) for practicing. You need tobe online when you are practicing. As regards modules, you can practice any modules related to Financials, Mfg, Om, HRMS etc.

Thanks,

Regards,

Yogesh.
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196626 is a reply to message #196532] Fri, 06 October 2006 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David.K.Dickson
rahul122 wrote on Thu, 05 October 2006 23:31

But, is it possible for me to install only selected modules?

Rahul,

While you are practicing on SolutionBeacon's systems, you will not need any space for data on you PC. It will all be held on their server. You may need a small amount of space to store the JInitiator, which will be installed the first time you log on with any PC.

When you have finished practicing, and want to install the Oracle Financials on your own PC, you should be able to choose which applications to install - mostly. Sometimes there are dependencies so that if you are installing product A you must install product B as well. Also there are certain common components that are always required, e.g. System Administration.

As for how much space is required, there should be sufficient information in the README documents that come with the install(s) for you to work it out. I am sorry, but I have not yet done an install, so I haven't got a clue how much disk space is required.

Cool HTH

David
Re: Req: Oracle Applications Site for Free Login [message #196737 is a reply to message #196292] Fri, 06 October 2006 23:12 Go to previous message
rahul122
Yogesh you are right. I worked for some time yesterday on solutionbeacon and there was no problem.
David I will remember to read the readme docs if I want to install, may be on another system.

It was a great help.
Thanks alot.

Regards,
Rahul.
Previous Topic: ORA-02055: distributed update operation gailed; rollback required. ORA-20001: Database contraint vio
Next Topic: India Vat Localization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 16:07:33 CDT 2024