Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Hi..This is swapnika Rao
Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203428] Wed, 15 November 2006 02:13 Go to next message
swapnika
Hi People, This is swapnika Rao from Hyderabad, am an MBA Finance graduate, I've been working in a BPO for past 3 years in finacial services (payments in precise)..ok thats my intro.

I joined this forum as suggested by my friends..I got trained in Oracle financials from some silly institute in Ameerpet.Am ok with the modules but cannot gather all that confidence to attend an interview.

Would be greatful if you all can contribute your ideas, FAQS and any other piece of info which would suffice the need.

Waiting for your replies,

Regards,

Swapnika Rao
swapnikarao123@yahoo.co.in

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2006 02:13] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203463 is a reply to message #203428] Wed, 15 November 2006 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

hi Swapnika Rao,

Really its very strange to hear about a bad institute in Hyd.
Heard that its the hub of software learning institutes in India.

What suggestions you need?
I fear If I tell something it might become ??? to you.

thanks,
surya

[mod-edit]removed possible offensive content.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 November 2006 04:18] by Moderator

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203471 is a reply to message #203463] Wed, 15 November 2006 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
lakshmi surya ram, you might want to rephrase next time.

MHE
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203475 is a reply to message #203428] Wed, 15 November 2006 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quote:
from some shit institute in Ameerpet

You can hold your grudge elsewhere. But not here.
Please use a decent language or you will get banned.

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203501 is a reply to message #203471] Wed, 15 November 2006 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

hi Maher,
I don't really mean it.
I just want her to get aware of the forum rules.

thanks,
surya
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203692 is a reply to message #203475] Thu, 16 November 2006 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnika
Hi,

Thankyou for a strong and blunt replies...I've got a very shaky intro to the forum...will definetly MIND my language..which everyone feels as unethical.

However, I've joined this to get better with my subject...and really sorry if I've hurt anyone.

I need FAQs which wud help me at interviews...request you all to kindly provide me.

Well...sorry again professionals...and also plz ignore any profanities in my above text too.

Swapnika Rao
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203712 is a reply to message #203428] Thu, 16 November 2006 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gogula77
Hi,

Dont give importance to the Institute, but give importance to the faculty.

Any how, we are all learning in unauthorised institutes.

I was also trained in one of the small institutes in Ameerpet, for a very small amount. But we have different advantage with that, the number of people are small, our faculty can concentrate on each and every student personally, and we can practice apps on the systems for unlimited number of hours. so dont be upset. And lastly they gave me the courage and stuff to get a decent job.

I also worked in a small BPO company and later got a decent job in CMMI Level 5 company.

So dont think negatively, be positive.

And note that, the market is very very good. There is a lot of demand for Oracle Professionals. Top companies like Oracle Corp, GE and IBM are searching for people like anything. And in some cases, they are not giving are asking very few questions and selecting people. It depends on various factors.

So dont be upset.

I will try my best to help.

regards

Gogula

[Updated on: Thu, 16 November 2006 02:05]

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203737 is a reply to message #203428] Thu, 16 November 2006 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

Hi Swapnika,

Really very happy to lsiten you again.Realisation is one of the strong factors by which one refurbhish his/her character.

Apps come to your way only if you spend more hours before a machine.I think You are more into functional and that into GL I believe.Pls let me know the module and I can help you in that.

You can also collect lots of FAQ's in the threads.
Search the forum.You will get those.

ALL THE BEST,

thanks,
Surya
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #203950 is a reply to message #203712] Fri, 17 November 2006 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
swapnika
Hi,

Thanks Gogula and Surya..for your replies.

Presently am concentrating on GL and AP coz am aware with payments to US customers..ie banks,wire transfers etc..so basically am looking for FAQs for the above 2 modules in particular and other genral awareness info.

Gogula ..which company u work for.

Surya ... and Gogula..thank you again.

Swapnika Rao.
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204224 is a reply to message #203428] Sun, 19 November 2006 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitenm

Hi There,

M also a Functional Consultant from Oracle University - Hyderabad.

Unfortunately, I beg to differ from gogula77

gogula77 Quote on 16 Nov
"And note that, the market is very very good. There is a lot of demand for Oracle Professionals. Top companies like Oracle Corp, GE and IBM are searching for people like anything. And in some cases, they are not giving are asking very few questions and selecting people. "

I have,however, not got interview calls inspite of being very much prepared for interviews. Is there any way by which i can work for some consultants on contracts ? Pls guide....

Appreciate some inputs....hiten.makwana@gmail.com

Hiten
  • Attachment: HitenDMak.doc
    (Size: 77.00KB, Downloaded 2320 times)
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204280 is a reply to message #203428] Sun, 19 November 2006 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

you mean service contracts...

you are certified in Contracts from oracle unvi.

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204302 is a reply to message #204224] Mon, 20 November 2006 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
Hi Hiten

You have recently done your course and not even having one implementation exposure, it is not at all advisable to call yourself as Techno-functional consultant.

As per my guess you would not get interview calls as they dont even shortlist ur CV for interview becasue i believe atleast to be an associate consultant candidate need to have minimum one full life cycle implementation experience.

If you are looking for a break acheive your goal step by step. Can try as management trainee then to associate consultant and consultant.

Regards
Sujatha
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204371 is a reply to message #204302] Mon, 20 November 2006 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitenm

@Surya,

Have done course from Oracle University for a Functional Consultant - Financial.

@Sujatha,
Really Appreciate your inputs. Unfortunately, i am not aware about Management trainee profile.
Could you please elaborate on Management trainee profile. Is it related to Apps ? How do i get into that profile ? My question is that how can a fresher get into first implementation project ?

Am ready to go step by step, but lack direction.

Really appreciate the help...Thanks

Hiten

[Updated on: Mon, 20 November 2006 06:49]

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204464 is a reply to message #203428] Mon, 20 November 2006 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lakshmi surya ram

hiten,
But freshers can't get into functional side without any exp.

As Sujatha said get into some Associate consultant.
try for that ,

thanks
surya
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204539 is a reply to message #204464] Tue, 21 November 2006 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sujatha_mu
Hi

Even to be a associate functional consultant need to have at least one or two implementation experience.

However certain companies do take freshers in apps as management trainees provided that atleast if they have good domain knowledge and communication skills.

If you join as a management trainee , you would be treated as a fresher to apps and will be given training with the realtime scenarios.

All the Best

Regards
sujatha
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #204780 is a reply to message #203463] Wed, 22 November 2006 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi

hi swapnika,

You want to be Oracle DBA or Developer.

In Oracle ( not Oracle Every field in IT. want experience.)
For that you can go through below some good site.

it will help you alots.

First Oracle Forms. ( where you get new thing about Oracle Database with Other IT technology.)

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/categoryHome.jspa?categoryID=84
Of course orafaq.com..
http://asktom.oracle.com
www.oracle-base.com
http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/1
http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/index.html

This all are good site.. and Many more...

Regular visiting all above sites after sometime you have enough confidence not only confidence you able to crack any Oracle Interview...

ALL THE BEST

Regards
Taj.
http://dbataj.blogspot.com

[Updated on: Wed, 22 November 2006 01:56]

Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #205367 is a reply to message #204780] Fri, 24 November 2006 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
samx18
Good Links,

In case you are interested in the Applications DBA Technology, check this one out.

http://www.appsdbablog.com

Sam
Re: Hi..This is swapnika Rao [message #205496 is a reply to message #203428] Sat, 25 November 2006 04:56 Go to previous message
manish.srivastava

Hi Swapnika,

do remember that don't write so much in your resume make it very simple its very Important.
and also concentrate on your project knowledge.

Thanks

Manish Srivastava
Previous Topic: Error : CSTPAVCP.COST_ACCT_EVENTS:(35):CSTPAVCP.COMPUTE_MCACD_COSTS:(30)::User-Defined Exception
Next Topic: We'll be top the world
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 16:50:12 CDT 2024