Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Item Status - Inventory
Item Status - Inventory [message #207297] Mon, 04 December 2006 23:59 Go to next message
santoshjayam
hi,

My FAQ is related to Item Status in Item Master Org, after creating an item the default status of the that item will be Active, but when u change the status as Inactive (even after completing Pending Status in tools menu) i am still able to transact that particular item the status of which is Inactive.

Can any one explain the functionality of Inactive Status and suggest how to go about this

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

santosh
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #207322 is a reply to message #207297] Tue, 05 December 2006 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear Santhosh,

Inactive Status will uncheck the Status attributes like Purchasable, Stockable etc. If the item is in Inactive status we cannot transact the material.

I suggest you to open the item and check whether the status attributes were unchecked.

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #207343 is a reply to message #207322] Tue, 05 December 2006 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
santoshjayam
hi rajesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply, as per your suggestion i checked the same but the attributes which you have mentioned remained checked. They are not getting unchecked even after i saved that item with status Inactive.

Kindly let me know...

Thanks & Regards

santosh
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #207352 is a reply to message #207343] Tue, 05 December 2006 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear Santosh,

Go to Setup>Items>Status Codes

Query the Inactive Status.

Check whether all the check box is unchecked.
(See the attachement)

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh

Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #209130 is a reply to message #207297] Wed, 13 December 2006 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kodurimk
Hello Santosh,
The item status field on the item definition is only helps you to understand the status of the item ( Ex. Active,Inactive).
Let's suppose we have created an item with an item status of Active with the help of "Finished good" template in the vision instance all the status attributes gets checked.Save the definition.
Now if you attempt to change the item status to "Inactive" from the item definition screen it does not un check the status attributes which means from the item definition screen just by changing the item status attribute to active / inactive we can not change the actual status attributes.
Similarly if you attempt to un check these status attributes even though the item status attribute reads active the system would allow. This means the item status in the item definition is only an indication of the status of the item.
Finally the behaviour of the item will be based on the set up of actual status attributes and not on the value appearing on the item status field in the main tab of item definition.
Regds.
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #209240 is a reply to message #209130] Wed, 13 December 2006 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merlinrajesh

Dear kodurimk
I totally disagree with you. If you change an Item Status, it will affect the particular Status Attribute(like Stockable, Transactable) associated with it. You can automatically update a status of the Item using Pending Status function. For example you define an Item which you dont want to be ordered by the customer for 1 year. So you can put a status called prototype in the beginning which have the Customer Orderable unchecked. Then in the pending status you can give the status as "Active" and give a date 1 year from now.

I am quoting from Inventory User Guide for your reference.

"Item Status Control
When defining an item, you can use the item attribute Item Status to control status attribute values. You determine the list of values for the Item Status attribute by defining
Item Status Codes. An Item Status Code has a user-defined set of Yes/No values for the status attributes. The values are applied to the status attributes when you choose an Item Status Code when defining an item. For example, assume you define an Item
Status named Prototype with all status attributes set to Yes except for Customer Orders Enabled. Next, you define another Item Status, Active, with all status attributes set to Yes. In the beginning of a product development cycle, assign the status code Prototype to an item so that you cannot place the item on a sales order. Later, assign the status code Active to allow all functions for the item.

Use pending statuses to automatically update an item’s status on a specified date. For each item, specify a list of pending statuses and the corresponding effective dates.

Thanks & Regards
Merlin Rajesh
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #209418 is a reply to message #207297] Thu, 14 December 2006 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kodurimk
Thank you Rajesh! I stand corrected!!
I Remember i had tried to uncheck status attributes when the item status is Active which the system allowed. I could still have the value "Active" even after changing the changes. So i took to conclusion that it is only informative.
Thanks for correcting me.
Regards / Kodurimk
Re: Item Status - Inventory [message #213030 is a reply to message #209418] Tue, 09 January 2007 03:24 Go to previous message
genta1
>So i took to conclusion that it is only informative.

It seems that you are missing 'Item Status Control' function.
Inv>Setup>item>Attribute Controls
Check the Status Attribute's status setting setup values.
The status attribute is controlled by this setup.
In your case, it seems that the value is 'Defaults Value'
or 'Not Used'.
Choose 'Sets Value' and save it, then EBS does work as you expect.

If you have a INV manual,
check 'Defining Item Attribute Controls' section.

4. Choose a status setting for each status attribute.
Defaults Value:
Value of this attribute, as defined by the status code,
defaults when you assign the status to an item.
You can change this default value.
Not Used:
Use neither default nor status control.
Sets Value:
Value of this attribute, as defined by the status code,
defaults when you assign the status to an item.
Once assigned, you cannot change the default.

PS.
Maybe changing this setup value is little bit hard,
since it affects all items.
This is the one of the most important INV setup.

Good luck.
Genta

[Updated on: Tue, 09 January 2007 03:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Typical scenario with Responsibilities
Next Topic: CS_CTR_CAPTURE_READING_PUB.catpture_counter_reading
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 17:05:07 CDT 2024