Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Same Customer in diff SOBs  () 1 Vote
Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212656] Sun, 07 January 2007 04:55 Go to next message
hitenm

Hi There,

How can i share one customer between 6 different SOBs(Legal entities) at Operating Unit level(AR,AP,PUR,OM) ?

Pls guide...

Re: Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212657 is a reply to message #212656] Sun, 07 January 2007 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abed24

when you define a customer, he is already shared between SOBs.

you have to login in each SOB responsibility and define customer site for the customer on that SOB.
Re: Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212659 is a reply to message #212656] Sun, 07 January 2007 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitenm

Really appreciate your quick reply ...

However, can we define diff credit limit for every SOB ?

Pls guide.

Hiten
Re: Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212668 is a reply to message #212656] Sun, 07 January 2007 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hitenm

In other words, does anyone know the functionalities of TCA responsibilities ?

I want to attach one customer to more than one OU in diff SOBs using the TCA responsibilities.

Hiten
Re: Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212677 is a reply to message #212656] Sun, 07 January 2007 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adragnes
Hiten,

In the Trading Community Architecture customer informations is divided into two parts: party information that is shared between operating units and customer account information which is not.

Party information includes general information on the party in question (name, whether it is a person or an organisation, phone numbers, email addresses etc.) and its locations (address, whether it is a bill-to, ship-to or other type of site etc.). In principle the party information does not include any proprietary information and you could get the information from for instance Dun&Bradstreet, GS1 or some other business registry.

Customer account information on the other hand is proprietary information that normally only you and the customer are privy to. These include the customer's terms etc.

If all you want is to share the party information between your operating units, and you probably want to do that since it will save you from having to maintain the same information multiple times, all you need to do is to use the Customers Online application instead of the customer forms in AR/OM.

If you on the other hand want to share customer account information between operating units as well, you are out of luck. The only way to do this is to use only one shared operating unit.

Take a look at the manuals which are freely available for download from OTN. You probably want to look at the ones with names including the words "Trading Community Architecture", "Customers Online" and "Receivables".

In AP and PO the story is somewhat different. First, in AP and PO you do not have customer information, but suppliers. There is no link between the two even in cases where you have both a supplier and customer relationship to the same party.

In 11i suppliers have not been moved to the TCA. The only thing that is shared is the supplier header which does not contain much information in a multi-org setting. The supplier sites on the hand are a mix of what would be party site, location and account information. If you need to share party site information between operating units you need to use on shared operating unit.

--
Aleksander Dragnes

Re: Same Customer in diff SOBs [message #212740 is a reply to message #212677] Mon, 08 January 2007 01:35 Go to previous message
hitenm

My scenario is ;

Under one OU, i will have multiple responsibilities for each value of my first segment(business unit)of COA, each responsibility with a fixed set of Transaction Types. For every these responsibilities , I want one unique site of my customer "ABC Customer"......

Apparently , this doesnot seem to be possible either using TCA or using normal AR functionality. If it is pls guide me how ?

Does any one have inputs to tackle this scenario ?

Hiten
Previous Topic: Oracle Financials sample resume or Oracle Apps testing sample resume please
Next Topic: Oracle E-business release 12 system requirement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 17:50:11 CDT 2024