Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » 10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception
10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception [message #226452] Fri, 23 March 2007 16:12 Go to next message
suzyque54
I just installed 10g on Windows 2003. When I try to connect to Enterprise Manager the error is java.lang.Exception: Exception in sending Request :: null. I can connect to iSQLPlus and the database is open. Does anyone know what how to resolve?
Re: 10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception [message #226457 is a reply to message #226452] Fri, 23 March 2007 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
I just had that problem. After the install of Oracle software you have to create the listener(netca) and the database(dbca)

Make sure your tnsnames.ora and listener.ora have the correct entries in them and then reload the listener (lsnrctl reload)
# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.
EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)
)
)
orcl =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL= TCP)(Host= NeilsQuickie)(Port= 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = orcl))
)

# listener.ora Network Configuration File: E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = E:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_1)
(PROGRAM = extproc)
)
)

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION_LIST =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = NeilsQuickie)(PORT = 1521))
)
)

I ran the administration assitant for windows and the network configuration assistant.
Then the database configuration assistant to verify it.
In a 'run' window I put 'lsnrctl reload'.
Then sqlplus magically started working. I am not sure what fixed it, I am a Solaris guy. When I get something to work on windows I don't ask why...
Re: 10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception [message #226813 is a reply to message #226457] Mon, 26 March 2007 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suzyque54
Thanks for you help but everything is configured properly in the tnsnames and listener file. I looked at the emdb.nohup and there is a timezone error. I didn't modify the timezone setting in the environment. I tried executing 'emctl resetTZ agent' but it failed with the message below:

resetTZ failed.
The agentTZRegion in:
D:\Ora10g/host_SID/sysman/config/emd.properties
is not in agreement with what the agent thinks it should be.
Fix your environment.
Pick a TZ value that corresponds to time zone settings listed in:
D:\Ora10g/sysman/admin/supportedtzs.lst
----- Fri Mar 23 13:13:50 2007::D:\Ora10g\host_SID/sysman/config/emd.properties copied to D:\Ora10g\host_SID/sysman/config/emd.properties.2007-03-23-13-13-50 while updating the property 'agentTZRegion'
----- Fri Mar 23 13:13:51 2007::An agentTZregion of 'America/New_York' is installed in D:\Ora10g\host_SID/sysman/config/emd.properties.
----- Fri Mar 23 13:13:52 2007::The agentTZRegion value in D:\Ora10g\host_SID/sysman/config/emd.properties is not in agreement with what agent thinks it should be.Please verify your environment to make sure that TZ setting has not changed since the last start of the agent.

If you modified the timezone setting in the environment, please stop the agent and exectute 'emctl resetTZ agent' and also execute the script 'mgmt_target.set_agent_tzrgn' to get the value propagated to repository
Re: 10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception [message #226814 is a reply to message #226452] Mon, 26 March 2007 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Has your site installed all the necessary OS & Oracle patches to support the recent Daylight Savings Time change?
IIRC, I did read something about EM breaking without some necessary patch(es).
Re: 10g Can't connect to Enterprise Manager Java Exception [message #226816 is a reply to message #226814] Mon, 26 March 2007 12:10 Go to previous message
suzyque54
thanks so much, no I didn't install the patch I will try that.
Previous Topic: OEM 9i WONT RUN SCHEDULED JOBS AFTER DST
Next Topic: Can EM 10gR2 detect agent 10g already installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:18:49 CDT 2024