Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » How to invoke oem in Unix environment
How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #226931] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:00 Go to next message
dbasif

Hi ,

I need to invoke oem in nuix environment, can any body help me out...

Asif
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #226933 is a reply to message #226931] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Are you claiming that NONE of these manuals contain the answer to your RTFM question?

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.portal_db?selected=3

Enterprise Manager Advanced Configuration HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Agent Download Installation Readme HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Agent Release Notes for Windows HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Command Line Interface HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Concepts HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Extensibility HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Framework, Host, and Third-Party Metric Reference Manual HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control agentDownload Installation Readme HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Installation and Basic Configuration HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Quick Installation Guide for AIX 5L Based Systems (64-bit) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Quick Installation Guide for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Quick Installation Guide for Linux x86 HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Quick Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Quick Installation Guide for Solaris (SPARC) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Release Notes for Linux and Microsoft Windows HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Grid Control Release Notes for Microsoft Windows HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Management Agent Release Notes for Linux Itanium HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Management Agent Release Notes for Microsoft Windows (64-Bit) on Intel Itanium HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Management Agent Release Notes for Microsoft Windows (x64) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Management Agent Release Notes for Solaris Operating System (x86) and Solaris Operating System (x86-64) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Oracle Database and Database-Related Metric Reference Manual HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Policy Reference Manual HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for AIX 5L Based Systems (64-Bit) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for HP-UX Itanium HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for Linux x86 HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for Linux x86-64 HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for Solaris (SPARC) HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager Release Notes for System Monitoring Plug-ins HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager SNMP Support Reference Guide HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Check Point Firewall HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for EMC Celerra Server HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for IBM DB2 Database HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Juniper Networks NetScreen Firewall HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft .NET Framework HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft Active Directory HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft BizTalk Server HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft Commerce Server HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft Internet Information Services HTML PDF
Enterprise Manager System Monitoring Plug-In Installation Guide for Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server HTML PDF
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #226941 is a reply to message #226933] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

I mean to say,

like we do ./netca or ./netmgr to invoke the neca and nemanager utility, similarly how can i invoke OEM (oracle 9i) in soalris.

Or if need to configure how to do that in oracle 9i on solaris.

As in windows environment no need to install this product by default it is available, so wheather i need to install if so help me to install oem and to start oem in soalris environment.

Thanks for you help

Asif
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #226943 is a reply to message #226931] Tue, 27 March 2007 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
I need to invoke oem in nuix environment, can any body help me out...

Sorry but i cann't understand what is your mean...

You want to configure oem for database on unix if yes then use
1.DBCA
2.EMCA

if you already configure then check just URL for oem and use oem.

set oracle_sid=<sid>
emctl status dbconsole

regards
Taj
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #226996 is a reply to message #226933] Tue, 27 March 2007 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

Hi documents you mentioned are for oracle 10g, my concern is for oracle 9i, so please help me to configure oem in oracle 9i (solaris) and to invoke the same

Asif
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227008 is a reply to message #226996] Tue, 27 March 2007 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

HI,
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.drilldown?levelnum=2&toplevel=a96670&method=FULL&chapters=0&book=&wildcards=1 &preference=&expand_all=&verb=&word=enterprise+manager#a96670

regards
Taj
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227011 is a reply to message #226996] Tue, 27 March 2007 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You say in your profile that you are OCP DBA and you don't know how to find and read Oracle documentation.

Is there anyone else that thinks it is quite weird?

Regards
Michel
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227012 is a reply to message #227011] Tue, 27 March 2007 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
Actaully i didn't seen OP profile.. plus OCP DBA he has 4 yrs. of expeirence. interesting...

anyway hope OP solve his problem very soon.
regards
Taj

[Updated on: Tue, 27 March 2007 02:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227047 is a reply to message #227011] Tue, 27 March 2007 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

We are using forums to take quick help from someone who has already faced the issue and resolved that, as we work on prod invironment,i know we already have lot of oracle document and books so it does not mean to go through when we face problem,any one who is OCP means he can follow the experts advice. if you did not feel to answer please do not reply.
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227056 is a reply to message #227047] Tue, 27 March 2007 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

this is what i wanted to know,

$oemapp console

Thanks.
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227058 is a reply to message #227056] Tue, 27 March 2007 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

if you did not feel to answer please do not reply

Don't angry

we are just trying to point "First troublespoot problem yourself".

whenever i face any problem then i fellow below procedure.
1. first place to check >>>Documentation<<< about details
2. then search on google and Oracle forms
3. if all fail to find solution then write question in Forms.

Are you check on forms before write question...
http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/em.920/a96673/toc.htm

regards
Taj
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #227061 is a reply to message #227058] Tue, 27 March 2007 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbasif

I think if someone has already used then there should not be so much loops:- as it is very simple to say..
$oemapp console

right
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #228672 is a reply to message #227061] Tue, 03 April 2007 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Or As you already gave a hint
Many people (including myself) "did not feel" to answer Smile
Re: How to invoke oem in Unix environment [message #236063 is a reply to message #226931] Tue, 08 May 2007 23:01 Go to previous message
mos1106
there are no oemapp in hpux of IA64. you can reference metalink list below
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=200:27:4711475081455469588::::p27_id,p27_show_header,p27_show_help:660159.999,1,1
Previous Topic: allroot.sh on linux
Next Topic: Backup using Oracle management server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:50:08 CDT 2024