Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » email notification
email notification [message #239490] Tue, 22 May 2007 08:52 Go to next message
albuq
I have tried to send an email notification when the size of one tablespace cross the threshold on enterprise manager 10G (Database Control). I have already tested my email account and also set the schedule and rules.

But it still doesn't work.
Any sugestion?
Re: email notification [message #239502 is a reply to message #239490] Tue, 22 May 2007 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Without any error messages, logs etc.
It's impossible to tell, I assume you have
read the Oracle Documentation
Re: email notification [message #239503 is a reply to message #239490] Tue, 22 May 2007 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krblr

Some more details would help, Assuming your problem is notification only, I will see if I can help you.

1) Does your setup -> Notification Methods -> Test Mail Servers work? if not stop here, don't read 2) and 3).
2) If you login as sysman, on the Notification rules page, do you see a "Database Availability and Critical States"? and if so, do you have it checked for Subscribe (send e-mail)? and then, if so, have you made it public? If not, don't bother reading 3)
3) If sysman has made 2) public, then you being the lesser user (compared to sysman) should click on public-rules and then check the box subscribe next to "Database Availability and Critical States".

Re: email notification [message #239813 is a reply to message #239503] Wed, 23 May 2007 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
albuq
Thank you for your help.
One more question...

Is there any possibility to do the same (email notification) with enterprise manager 9i?

Thanks
Re: email notification [message #239884 is a reply to message #239490] Wed, 23 May 2007 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krblr

Fortunately for you I have a 9i EM also, you need to set it up a little differently than Grid Control in 10g.

Launch Mgmt Srvr

1) Configuration Tab
Configure Paging/Email
SMTP Mail Gateway: <Name of the node which hosts SMTP server>
Sender's SMTP Mail Address: <A valid sender email address>

2) Configuration Tab
Manage Adminstrators
Highlight your Account ID:
Click on Edit, a box opens up
Highlight Email
Plug in your email address, and other details
Access Tab: Adjust what you want

3) Click on Events Tab, and Create Event ...
Click on General Tab
Select the targets (databases) you are interested in,
Click on Tests,
Expand (+) Space, click on Tablespace Full
Click on Parameters Tab
Check the WARNING and CRITICAL values, the default values may/may not be acceptable to you.
If default values are acceptable then no further action on this Tab
Click on Schedule, Adjust it the way you want it
Click on Access:
Make sure your name appears, highlight it, and click Notify
Register the Event and Add to the library.

Re: email notification [message #239890 is a reply to message #239884] Wed, 23 May 2007 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
albuq
I don't have that option (Configure Paging/Email) in configuration tab. Maybe you are working with a different release. My EM version is 9.2.0.1.0

Thank you
Re: email notification [message #239903 is a reply to message #239490] Wed, 23 May 2007 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
krblr

Again, you are somewhat short on the details, my answers seem much longer, assuming various scenarios in yourcase. You don't say whether it is grayed out for you, or plain, just not available. If grayed out, you need to get in as sysman, and ungrey it out (by figuring it out), If the option itself is not listed, then read the doc for it.

Anyways, in my case I have two EM's.
1) Repository database = 9.2.0.6, OMS version = 2.2.
10gr2:
2) OMS Version = 10.2.0.3, Repository = 10.2.0.3

At this point, RTFM.
Re: email notification [message #239907 is a reply to message #239903] Wed, 23 May 2007 11:02 Go to previous message
albuq
It isn't listed.Thank you
Previous Topic: iSetupManagementServer hangs while stopping
Next Topic: Database Console Won't Start OC4J Configuration issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:18:46 CDT 2024