Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » DBSNMP account
DBSNMP account [message #239835] Wed, 23 May 2007 07:08 Go to next message
rserhal
Hi
i use oracle 8i, i changed the password of the DBSNMP account.
when i startup the instance this account doesn't connect directly as before.
what i have to do to permit this account to connect directly when the instance is open
also i want to know what is the role of this account and if there is any problem if this account is disconnect when the instance is open.

thank
Re: DBSNMP account [message #264601 is a reply to message #239835] Mon, 03 September 2007 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hasan_uiu

User DBSNMP has password DBSNMP - this account is used by Oracle's SNMP agent, and has a number of fairly nice system privileges. If you change this password and are using snmp traps on the system (typically via Oracle Enterprise Manager, I believe) then you will need to change the password in the configuration file for the snmp management software too. You must add the following to your snmp_rw.ora (typically located in the direcotry /var/opt/oracle, or $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) for each {SID} that you want the agent to connect to:

snmp.connect.{SID}.NAME = dbsnmp
snmp.connect.{SID}.PASSWORD = {new password}
Re: DBSNMP account [message #264607 is a reply to message #239835] Mon, 03 September 2007 22:47 Go to previous message
Arju

Quote:
if there is any problem if this account is disconnect when the instance is open.

No problem.
Previous Topic: oemapp console error message
Next Topic: Bind Variables are defined as VARCHAR2 for table columns of CHAR data type in OCI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:00:52 CDT 2024