Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh (Graph for displaying used tablespace does not get updated)
EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh [message #275572] Sun, 21 October 2007 22:23 Go to next message
monti323
I'm wondering, if somebody has similar problems or knows, what I'm doing wrong.
On a Oracle 9iRel2 installation the graphical display of used tablespace (within the Enterprise Manager Console) does not update, when I delete records from those tables. It appears that Oracle is reusing that space (at least partly) but whatever I do, the graph does not update (unless I increase the attached datafiles or add some). The same happened on the same machine with the previous Vers. 8 installation. The machine runs on NT4 Server.

Any comments, tips and hints are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh [message #275575 is a reply to message #275572] Sun, 21 October 2007 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
It is working as designed & expected.
Re: EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh [message #275580 is a reply to message #275575] Sun, 21 October 2007 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monti323
???

First of all, thanks for your answer but now I'm a little confused. Ok, I am definetly not an expert, just need to deal from time to time with those questions ....

when you say, it's working like expected ... I believe, similar installations on different machines (and unfortunately also different location therefore I cannot check) do change and showing less used tablespace when stuff gets deleted from the tables. I might be wrong.

That means, even if the data in a tablespace (or the associated objects) would get wiped out completely the bar would still show me something close to 100% usage ??
Re: EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh [message #275583 is a reply to message #275572] Sun, 21 October 2007 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>That means, even if the data in a tablespace (or the associated objects) would get wiped out completely the bar would still show me something close to 100% usage ??
The Short answer is "YES".
However DBA_FREE_SPACE shows "dynamic"/real time values.
Re: EM Console / Tablespace display does not refresh [message #275585 is a reply to message #275572] Sun, 21 October 2007 22:51 Go to previous message
monti323
Ok, I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: XE on Grid
Next Topic: Purchase Requisition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:50:25 CDT 2024