Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Installing Grid agent on CFS on a new RAC node (HP-UX 11.23 PA-RISC 64-bit)
Installing Grid agent on CFS on a new RAC node [message #293050] Thu, 10 January 2008 13:47 Go to next message
hpaccess
Can some one guide me to install Grid agent a on a new RAC node which is on CFS?

When i try to install Grid agent, i get error because directory structure is already exist. I dont want to install in a new directory. I want to add the new agent to the same directory structure.

What is the procedure to add grid agent after adding a new node to existing RAC cluster?
And when grid agents home for the remaining nodes are in CFS?

Thanks in advance,
Gangi
Re: Installing Grid agent on CFS on a new RAC node [message #302466 is a reply to message #293050] Mon, 25 February 2008 18:47 Go to previous message
rhziaDBA
Hi

When you install a Agent in a RAC ENVIROMENT you must to select the cluster installation if you think to place the agent in a Cluster File System that is shared for all the nodes in the rac.

But the better election is install the agent in a Local File system in each of the rac nodes. The Cluster Installation in my experience give too many problems.

My council it's that you install in each node and you choose local file system.

The actual installation work?

How many nodes have your RAC?

Can you start the actual agent?
Previous Topic: No Data available on HOst CPu and Active Sessions
Next Topic: EM dbconsole can start BUT it is not running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:45:25 CDT 2024