Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM (Oracle database 10g (10.2.0.3))
Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM [message #308002] Thu, 20 March 2008 14:17 Go to next message
matt.jones
Hi all,

I'm pretty much a noob in Oracle, so please be patient with me.
I've installed Oracle database and client 10g 10.2.0.3 (full install) on fresh install of Windows server 2003 Enterpise.
After creating the database, a listener, and local net service name, the Instance Startup and shudown options are grayed out in the OEM under Instance > Configuration, even when logged in as SYSDBA. The options are not available via the right-click shortcut menu either.

However, when I use SQL plus logged in as the same user, I can stop and start the instance with no problems.

Could I perhaps have miss or incorrectly set an option during the install, and if so, which install options might affect this?

Thanks,
Matt
Re: Startup/Shutdown grayed out in OEM [message #308727 is a reply to message #308002] Tue, 25 March 2008 05:23 Go to previous message
hristo
Hi!

The client does not allow full EM functionality. Use the webinterface for the EM console.

Regards
H
Previous Topic: status AGENT UNREACHABLE
Next Topic: Oracle 10g Metrics with Thresholds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:30:52 CDT 2024